With OpenSignal you can map cellular coverage, find Wi-Fi hotspots, test and improve your reception & get faster data.
- âœ“ Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from, just walk towards it!
- âœ“ WiFi map allows you to easily locate nearby public networks.
- âœ“ Coverage maps allow you see the best places for signal.
- âœ“ Speedtest feature allows you to see the true speed of your connection.
- âœ“ NetworkRank allows you to see which carrier is best in your area.
- âœ“ Keep track of your monthly data, text and voice usage so you donâ€™t go over your limit.
- âœ“ See a map of local cell towers.
- âœ“ Help improve our coverage and WiFi maps.
- âœ“ Share your findings on twitter and Facebook and compare your connection with other users.
- âœ“ View your history of signal readings.
- âœ“ Save your data to SD card.
- âœ“ Signal booster for compatible phones
Help contribute to our crowdsourced impartial maps of carrier coverage and wireless hotspots by using our app to improve your connection.
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet and dropped calls. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if youâ€™re thinking about changing. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (WAPs), helpful if youâ€™re travelling abroad or just want to find a local cafe with free wifi. Our Stats tab helps you to keep track of your usage, so thereâ€™s no danger of you going over your plan limit on data, voice or text. (NB â€“ this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to count calls and texts, messages are never accessed or read!). Slow mobile internet? Whatsapp or BBM not working? Canâ€™t make that crucial skype call? Facebook, Instagram or Twitter too slow to be enjoyable? Run a speedtest to see the real speed of your connection, use the signal booster compass to get a better connection or use our maps to find the nearest free wifi!
Best of all, every time you use the app youâ€™re helping to improve it! By helping us to expand our wifi database and improve our coverage maps youâ€™re making the app work better and everyone else who uses it.
The best tactic for getting better signal is to follow the signal compass.
Maps not updated in real-time. Donâ€™t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. Weâ€™re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- â€“ Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database â€“ weâ€™re working on it!
- â€“ Verizon & Sprint users will see only one connected tower at a time
- â€“ Moving in the direction of your cell tower will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
- â€“ Data is crowd sourced â€“ wireless and antenna locations are calculated by triangulation.
- â€“ For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
- â€“ For CDMA (Verizon, Sprint), cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
We map- Coverage and Speed tests for Verizon, Sprint, Vodafone, EE, AT&T, O2, 3, TIM, T-Mobile, Telcel, I WInd, SFR, Wifi and more
- For those upgrading to Android 4.4.2 some permissions are being incorrectly marked as new [confirmed bug] e.g:
- â€“ save to USB has been in the app 3 years to allow saving speed test & cell data to CSV
- â€“ contacts permission has been removed, you should be able to confirm this in System Settings/Applications so we do not know why this permission is appearing