You can now log in with The Free Dictionary! Sync your bookmarks to all your devices and never lose them. Plus: Track your learning with points and badges and earn meals for hungry children through The Free Dictionary’s partnership with the World Food Programâ€”just by reading and playing games!
Features only available in TheFreeDictionary PRO:
* No advertisements.
* Extensive offline content, including a more comprehensive offline English dictionary.
* Ability to download extensive offline dictionaries for 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Ability to download offline translations of English into more than 40 languages.
* Dozens of other offline translation options.
NOTE: Offline content must be downloaded separately using an Internet connection before offline mode can be accessed.
Plus TheFreeDictionary’s classic app content:
* Multiple English dictionaries, featuring extensive definitions, pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more.
* Advanced Search options: “Starts with,” “Ends with,” and “In definition.”
* Multiple thesauri, featuring synonyms, antonyms, related words, even images.
* Multiple encyclopedias, including Columbia, Collins, even Wikipedia.
* Multiple specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Acronyms and Abbreviations, and more.
* Online dictionaries in 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Translate English words into more than 40 languages, plus dozens of other translation options.
* Play audio pronunciations.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Look up the definition of any word on the page with one click.
* Search for words on the page.
* Create unlimited bookmarks. Sort alphabetically or chronologically.
* Learn something new every day with fresh daily content, including Word of the Day, This Day in History, Quote of the Day, Today’s Birthday, News of the Day, and more. Even set notifications for daily delivery.
* Play games, including Spelling Bee, Match Up, Words Within Words, as well as Hangman in a dozen different languages.
* Customize your homepage: add or remove articles, games, even personalized horoscope and local weather in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Share your favorite definitions, encyclopedia entries, and articles via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text.
* Adjust font size.
* Copy text (with supported devices).
* Use swipe gestures to move back and forward (with supported devices).
* Search via Android Quick Search Box, including voice-activated searching (with supported devices).
* For app developers: TheFreeDictionary.com app has the ability to be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions on accessing TFD).